Tabs

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hello again, my old friend -- Mid Year Review

It's been a long, long, long time!

Here's whats been happening in my life:
  • Kitty passed away from a long life of loving last December. We were all deeply saddened, but it hit my Oryx the hardest. His depression led him to stop eating and his liver failed. He passed away a few weeks later. My heart still breaks for him.
  • I was offered a new position at work which I excitedly accepted. I am back in the marketing group, working on residential marketing strategies and managing the SEM side of things. It's been an awesome learning experience. I am currently working on achieving my Adwords Certification, as well I enrolled in a Marketing and Strategic Communications Certificate program for this fall.
  • I am officially married. After a fabulous shower, stagette, and endless months of planning, I walked down the aisle on April 19th to my handsome husband. It seriously was the best day of my life. We had so much fun and its always nice having friends and family toast you with compliments.             You can check out pictures in a slideshow here: http://animoto.com/play/6YV0R0H2mWDb0QOBBhqoNw
  • We left for our honeymoon in May, crossing the pond to tour Amsterdam and Hamburg. It was a fabulous adventure filled with so many laughs. From sipping coffee in castle courtyards to bottles of beer in bars, I am so happy we were able to start off our new life together with these memories. Rainman may also have a little bit of the travel bug now, so hopefully we will hit up a beach with cervazas soon.
  • I was in a car accident, but thankfully I wasn't hurt. My sweet little corolla didn't make it though and was written off. I have now joined the Civic nation with a 2014 Honda Civic Sedan Touring. She's been pretty fun to drive around town in.
  • Molly celebrated her 14th birthday. We are all pleasantly surprised that my little dog who was given 6 months in 2008 after her heart attack made it another 6 years. She is an old lady who still has quite a few puppy moments left in her now. I cherish every morning we face another day together.
  • Rainman and I felt a void in the house so we recently adopted two kittens -- Dutch and Deutsch, our honeymoon namesakes. They have country roots, born in a barn. Slowly though, they are getting used to having humans around and its been a pretty fun week.
Looking forward to the second half of the year and all I have planned for it. New wife, new life :)

1 comment:

Canadian Saver said...

Laura, wow, I am so behind on blogs... Congratulations on your wedding, you were a BEAUTIFUL bride!! The pictures are awesome, and the honeymoon sounds so much fun!

Sorry about the kitties :( Enjoy the new ones.

Best of luck with married life!