Tabs

Friday, August 8, 2014

Flashback Friday

The things that made me smile big this week:


  • Monday was a holiday. I finished my second assignment for The Faust Theme course I am currently studying online, followed by beer and mindless television vegging. It's all about balance my friends.
  • I had a dentist appointment on Wednesday and the hygienist asked if I was using an electric tooth brush now (I'm not -- manual all the way) and commented that i had very little build up. Want to know what I am doing differently? That coconut oil pulling thing that is posted 8 million times on Pinterest. So....I think its working (toxins be gone!)!
  • I met up with my best friend in high school for a glass of wine. We haven't sat down in probably 10 years and it turns out we now live down the street from one another. And even though it's been many, many, many years, it didn't feel like any time had gone by at all and we could pick up where we left off. 
  • I am cutting more and more seconds off of my time per km while running. This week I am averaging 6:05 minutes per km. My goal is to get it down to 5:00 minutes. Totally achievable with less (or no) walking breaks... Also, I signed up for the Rock the House 5k again with a goal to run it in 25 minutes. Last year I ran it in 28:41:95 (chip time). I might be really pushing myself to cut almost 4 minutes off --- but, what's life without a stretch?
Not a bad week. Looking forward to the weekend :) TGIF!

No comments: